Thursday, November 17, 2011

Missing in Action

I have been MIA.  Things have been nuts.  I am busy at work, closed on our apartment, moved to our new apartment, attempted to unpack at least half the apartment, and... oh yea, dealt with having a new dog!  It's been wacky.  

Also, picking paint colors is tough!  I thought piecing everything together would be easier, but nope.  After a week+ of back and forth, I have picked some colors and the painters will be coming tomorrow.  Woohoo!

Now, next thing on the list, find a desk.  I love the DIY idea that I saw on Young House Love, but I need something with more storage.  I refuse to let my hubby put his techie books back on our bookshelves in the living room. No. Not happening. So they will be in the office.


I would love to have something like this, but city living doesn't allow for monster desks :)

A little too country livin' for my style, but definitely beautiful wood

I think something like this will work. And I definitely can find inexpensive pieces at Ikea or a thrift store.  Easy enough, right?  Well, easier said than done ;)

1 comment:

  1. When you said you thought you could find pieces at IKEA...I think those cube units ARE Expedit units from IKEA in several styles (2x2 unit on the left, a 4x2 unit with a 2x2 unit stacked on top of it in the middle, and another 4x2 unit laid on its side--with some trim added--on the right). The Expedits come in several different finishes, as well, and are pretty reasonably priced. My daughter has several in her condo and I have more in my scrapbook room. They're super versatile!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...