Over the summer, my parents' neighbor was throwing out a mirror that had cracked during the east coast earthquake. I saw the top of the mirror out by the trash and knew I could do something with it.
Here is the original piece.
There were edges on each side which I sawed off and then sanded down.
Using a saw is not as hard as I thought! Woohoo.
Smooth as a baby butt! I then painted white and distressed.
I then added hooks to the bottom. I drilled holes and screwed the hooks in.
Then I measured a few inches from the sides and top so I could add the metal hook which will hold the mason jars. The mason jars are held up my a hose clamp which I attached to the metal hook and then tightened the hose clamp screw to ensure it wouldn't fall.
|this is the hose clamp screw I was referring to|
Then I added flowers and hung! Here's the final product.