Saturday, August 6, 2011

Biutiful

Last night I watched the Spanish movie Biutiful with Javier Bardem.  I knew that since it was a foreign film that I could expect an artsy, gritty movie, and since I knew Javier (yea, we're on a first name basis, no big) was nominated for an Oscar, I figured it would be very emotional, full of depth.  So I wasn't too surprised by the tone for the first 30 minutes or so.  But then the movie went off the rails.  I don't think 'raw' even begins to describe it.  Intense stuff.  Anyway, I loved that shout to the Jersey Shore :)
Anyway, although the movie is set in Barcelona, there wasn't much tribute to the beauty of that city or the country.  Eye candy would take away from the grit and tone of the movie.  But that won't stop me!






Pendant by Spanish designer, Venetia Studium

shoes by Spanish designer, Manolo Blahnik

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...