I recently bought this chair at a thrift store for $8. While it sat in the garage for quite a while, I finally got around to fixing it up. I wanted to use the fun fabric I bought at Ikea. All in all, the project cost me about $14. Take a look!
Here are the before pics:
I removed the seat by unscrewed from the bottom, sanded and primed. There were also some dents that I filled with wood filler.
Then I spray painted white. It took about 2 coats and some little extra to cover some rough patches. I then put the new batting over the seat wood (I used only 1 cushion, but really should have used two - live and learn!) and used a staple gun to attached the fabric. Here is the adorable Ikea fabric ($4 a yard).