Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Chair Makeover

I recently bought this chair at a thrift store for $8.  While it sat in the garage for quite a while, I finally got around to fixing it up.  I wanted to use the fun fabric I bought at Ikea.  All in all, the project cost me about $14.  Take a look!

Here are the before pics:


I removed the seat by unscrewed from the bottom, sanded and primed. There were also some dents that I filled with wood filler.
Then I spray painted white.  It took about 2 coats and some little extra to cover some rough  patches.  I then put the new batting over the seat wood (I used only 1 cushion, but really should have used two - live and learn!) and used a staple gun to attached the fabric.  Here is the adorable Ikea fabric ($4 a yard).

And voilá!  A $12 chair!  ($8 for the chair, $4 for the fabric and $0 for the paint and supplies since I already had it laying around). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...